Old Elizabethans Cricket Club was formed in 1935 as the cricket section of the Worcester Royal Grammar School "Old Boys" network. We played on several grounds until finding a permanent home on the old Perdiswell Aerodrome in the north of the city.
In the mid 90's we began the process, with the aid of Lottery funding, to design and build the modern facility you see today. The new pavilion was opened in May 1998 at a cost of £260,000 by Worcestershire and England batsman, and Old Elizabethan, Tim Curtis. An integrated band of volunteers ensures the smooth running of the club both on and off the field. Our ground has been constantly upgraded since that time to bring us in line with the best facilities in the area. This culminated in the opening of our second ground in August 2001. Neel Park is used as a second ground for cricket, as well as being the home of Perrywood Football Club during the winter months.
We were also one of the first clubs in Worcestershire to attain full ECB Clubmark status, a marque which ensures that the cricket club follows the guidlines for good practice both on and off the field as laid down by the governing body. Following on from this we also became a focus club in the area. The club has strict controls on how it operates in terms of administration, child welfare, safe practice and in its work with the community. Old Elizabethans has one of, if not the largest junior sections in the Midlands, and has links to most schools at junior and secondary level in the area.
The Memorial Ground pavilion is a modern facility, with a fully stocked bar and kitchen facility. We have Satellite television and a big screen with multimedia projection. This enables us to offer the "Ralf Davis" room as a fully functional corporate facility.