Members’ Handbook of Club Policies, Codes of Conduct and Procedures 2022 is available at the club and on request.
Old Elizabethans Cricket Club Safeguarding Officers
The Club Safeguarding Officers have been trained in and have:
- A basic knowledge of and/or a familiarity with pertinent legislation and government guidance which is relevant to the role of a Club Safeguarding Officer.
- A basic knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the statutory agencies within Child Protection, i.e. Social Services, Police and the NSPCC.
- An understanding of ECB procedures for reporting child protection concerns to statutory agencies and the Worcestershire Cricket Board County Safeguarding Officer.
- A familiarisation with the ECB ‘Safe Hands’ Welfare of Young People in Cricket Policy and a knowledge of how to put this in to practice in relation to Young People in the cricket club.
- Awareness of equity issues within the context of child protection.
- A basic knowledge of the different forms of behaviour that can occur within and outside sport which are harmful to children, from poor practice to child abuse.